Open mobile navigation

Where to get help

If you’re worried that you, or someone you care about, are drinking too much, there are plenty of local and national agencies than can help you get back in control. Take a look through this list to see what’s available in your area.

All-Wales services

DAN 24/7 – all-Wales drug and alcohol helpline

Veterans NHS Wales – advice and support on health issues (including substance misuse) for armed forces veterans

Services on your doorstep

AGRO – a self-help association for people in recovery in Anglesey and Gwynedd

Brynawel – residential alcohol rehabilitation centre

CAIS – drug and alcohol services in north Wales, plus specific services for military veterans

Chooselife – drug and alcohol service in Carmarthenshire

Cyswllt – information and advice on alcohol, drug abuse and eating disorders in west Wales

DASH – drugs and alcohol support and help in Bridgend and the Valleys, also providers of the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Scheme

Drink Wise, Age Well – helping people in Cwm Taf make healthier choices about alcohol as they age

Drugaid Wales – helping individuals and communities tackle drug and alcohol problems in south Wales

Kaleidoscope – services in Powys and south east Wales

Prism – mid and west Wales alcohol and drug advisory service

SANDS Cymru – reducing the harm caused by drugs and alcohol in the Swansea area 

TEDS – drugs and alcohol services throughout Rhondda Cynon Taf

Welsh Council on Alcohol and other Drugs – Cardiff-based addiction counselling services

WCADA – drug and alcohol support in Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend


Join our newsletter

Join to stay informed with events and news